The GLOCAL adheres fully to its intentions to safeguard the privacy of its website visitors, globally. This policy applies when The GLOCAL controls the personal data of GLOCAL website visitors.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Users may confirm as to whether or not The GLOCAL processes user personal data and to access this data and its details. Users can access their personal data when logged into the GLOCAL website.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) sent by a web server to your web browser and is stored by your browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the person, through the browser, requests a page from the server. These Cookies come in two forms; ‘persistent,’ which are long term, or ‘session,’ which run for only the current session, and hence until the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that The GLOCAL would store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Authentication ‐ To identify you when you visit The GLOCAL website and as you navigate our website, media, and apps;
- Status ‐ To determine if you are logged into The GLOCAL website, or into any of its apps;
- Personalization ‐ To store information about user preferences around which to design a website and app great user experience;
How The GLOCAL uses Personal Data
The GLOCAL may process users’ personal data provided by users during their use of the GLOCAL website, media, or apps. This ‘service data’ may include user names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, profile photographs, educational information, professional details, and other demographic information. Service data may be processed with several purposes
- Operation of the GLOCAL website, media and apps
- Increasing the efficacy and efficiency of GLOCAL services for users
- Increasing the security of the GLOCAL website, apps and services
- Maintaining transparent communication with users.
The GLOCAL processes this information so to effect a legal agreement between users and The GLOCAL.
Data Tracked on The GLOCAL Website and Apps
The GLOCAL may process data on the use of its website, apps, media and services, all constituting ‘usage data.’ The source of the usage data is the GLOCAL analytics tracking system, and may be processed so as to analyze use of the website, media, apps and membership services. The legal grounding for this processing is consent by users, following which The GLOCAL acts to monitor and increase the efficacy of the GLOCAL website, media and apps.The data may include the following:
- User IP addresses
- User geographies
- Browser information
- Operating systems
- Length of visit to GLOCAL media
- Sources of referral
- Type and number of page views
- Tracking codes (cookies);
- Comments, feedback, posts and content provided by users;
- Communication preferences;
- Communications with other users of GLOCAL products.
Data Tracked by GLOCAL Databases
The GLOCAL retains specific and particular items of information so as to fulfill its obligation to all viewers and to those observing GLOCAL media and services. This information may include:
- Contact details;
- Educational and professional information;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card numbers;
a. The GLOCAL is PCI compliant
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content users provide GLOCAL;
- Communication preferences;
- Information concerning user personal preferences and interests;
- Communications with other users of GLOCAL services.
The profile data may be processed to enable and monitor use of the GLOCAL website, apps and services. The legal basis for this processing is contractual, as users agree to GLOCAL use of information when using the website. All personal data will not be retained for a period longer than required for compliance with GLOCAL legal obligations.
The GLOCAL may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that users enter into with The GLOCAL us and/or through The GLOCAL website. This transaction data may include user
- contact details
- credit card details
- transaction details
- transaction preferences
The data may be processed only to supply purchased goods and services, and for maintaining adequate records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the agreement between users and The GLOCAL which emerges when users enter into the website for the purpose of conducting these transactions. As such, the GLOCAL aims to effectively and correctly maintain transparency and ethicallity in all interactions with users, and to in no way allow this information to transfer away from the privacy of the interaction between users and The GLOCAL procedures with which to accomplish user requirements, strictly.
The GLOCAL may process information that users provide to The GLOCAL for the purpose of subscribing to GLOCAL email notifications and/or announcements. The GLOCAL may process this data so as to render appropriate information and announcements forwarded to users. The legal basis for this processing is the contractual agreement users enter into when using the GLOCAL website, media and apps, and when agreeing to the services.
Providing User Personal Data to Others
The GLOCAL may disclose User personal data to the Central Committee, Task Forces and Legal parties insofar as necessary for the legal purposes delineated throughout this policy, and this includes the exercise or defense of legal claims. so as to provide users with services they have requested.
GLOCAL General Data Protection Policy
Financial transactions relating to the use of the GLOCAL website and services are managed by the selected payment services agents. The GLOCAL will share transaction data with its payment service providers only so far as it finds it necessary to process its payments and complaints. Here, The GLOCAL complies fully with all PCI requirements. The GLOCAL may disclose user data when adhering to the legal requirements of itself or of its users, so as to protect users and other individuals and groups. Furthermore, The GLOCAL may update this policy. As such, users would be advised to periodically view this page.
The rights of users under data protection laws are to:
- Request that The GLOCAL provide details of use of personal information.
- Request that The GLOCAL rectify errors in users’ personal information;
- Request that The GLOCAL delete users’ personal information in the event of proving that the use of this information is unlawful and or unethical.
- Object to automated use of users’ data that are not relevant to or consequent to the requirements of the user wit respect to The GLOCAL;
- Object to the processing of users’ personal data for direct marketing purpose;
- Request to have data portability;
- Withdraw consent at any time the respective users deem it necessary.
Cross Border Transfers
GLOCAL Contact Information
This website is owned and operated by The GLOCAL, The Global Council on Anthropological Linguistics. Our principal place of business is at SOAS, University of London, London, United Kingdom. Users can contact The GLOCAL by email, using the email address published on The GLOCAL website, which is: email@example.com.