The annual Conference on Mediterranean and European Linguistic Anthropology has grown over several years to provide global scholars with vital pathways to work and interact on European / Mediterranean Linguistic Anthropology and Sociolinguistics. The GLOCAL COMELA collaborates with a new host university annually, and is central to work on the region. Each COMELA garners hundreds of papers, and includes workshops, roundtables, keynote talks by prominent scholars, booths, displays, cultural performances, and anthropological excursions. The GLOCAL website contains all information.
The GLOCAL COMELA will increasingly bridge Europe and the Mediterranean, to expose largely ignored Linguistic and Anthropological patterns. Fieldwork in these regions is more significant now, owing to current migration patterns, where Linguistic Anthropological networks in Europe / the Mediterranean lack systematization, which The COMELA is creating, to shift the balance from dominant North American contexts.
1.5 hours with 3-5 contributors
- Abstracts for the colloquium must be uploaded in the submissions box. The abstract must contain both the main description of the colloquium, as well as a summarized description of each individual paper to be presented within the colloquium. This information must include the names and affiliations of each author and presenter, the title of each respective session/presentation, as well as any other information construed as relevant.
- Each author must also confirm their role: Presenting Author, Non-Presenting Author, Chair, or Discussant.
- Colloquia provide an opportunity for several presenters within the boundaries of a theme or topic to present together in a supportive environment. Colloquium organizers can tailor time lengths to each presentation, but must allow time to include opening and closing remarks, presentations, and audience interaction.
- The colloquium chair is responsible for organizing the group and for submitting the colloquium in the Call for Papers platform on behalf of all contributors.
- All colloquium submissions must be uploaded to the submission site using the Colloquium Submission Form Template provided.
- Panel organizers here will be responsible for panel chairs. Time keepers will be provided by The GLOCAL COMELA, if needed.
Methodology / Analysis Workshops
ELAR – Endangered Language Repository, SOAS
Several Academic Scholars on Linguistics, Anthropology, Sociolinguistics
Endangered Languages Projects
10 global universities
Various Universities and Associations
Various Publishing Companies
ISI / SCOPUS / AHCI / CPCI Indexed Proceedings book
Several special journal issues in highly tiered journals