The annual Middle Eastern Assembly on Linguistic Anthropology was delayed for years, as working with institutions in the Middle East required additional attention. The GLOCAL MEALA has begun to develop its conferences and networks, and scholars and institutions globally are now seeking participation in academic events in the Middle East, particularly in relation to Linguistic Cultural Anthropology.
The MEALA conference and proceedings system will focus on the global understandings of the Middle East, a process which requires the building of knowledge of its Linguistic and Anthropological landscapes.
1.5 hours with 3-5 contributors
- Abstracts for the colloquium must be uploaded in the submissions box. The abstract must contain both the main description of the colloquium, as well as a summarized description of each individual paper to be presented within the colloquium. This information must include the names and affiliations of each author and presenter, the title of each respective session/presentation, as well as any other information construed as relevant.
- Each author must also confirm their role: Presenting Author, Non-Presenting Author, Chair, or Discussant.
- Colloquia provide an opportunity for several presenters within the boundaries of a theme or topic to present together in a supportive environment. Colloquium organizers can tailor time lengths to each presentation, but must allow time to include opening and closing remarks, presentations, and audience interaction.
- The colloquium chair is responsible for organizing the group and for submitting the colloquium in the Call for Papers platform on behalf of all contributors.
- All colloquium submissions must be uploaded to the submission site using the Colloquium Submission Form Template provided.
- Panel organizers here will be responsible for panel chairs. Time keepers will be provided by The GLOCAL MEALA, if needed.
Methodology / Analysis Workshops
ELAR – Endangered Language Repository, SOAS
Several Academic Scholars on Linguistics, Anthropology, Sociolinguistics
Endangered Languages Projects
10 global universities
Various Universities and Associations
Various Publishing Companies
ISI / SCOPUS / AHCI / CPCI Indexed Proceedings book
Several special journal issues in highly tiered journals